- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Theory
- ・Applied Transdisciplinary Arts Theory C
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Seminar
- ・Production Skills Workshop I, II, III
- ・Guided Research I, II (Master’s Program)
- ・Transdisciplinary Arts Research: Theory I
- ・Guided Research I, II, III (Doctoral Program)
Born 1978. Bachelor’s (Letters) from Keio University, with a Master’s and Ph.D. in Social Sciences from Waseda University. After teaching in Waseda’s Faculty of Social Sciences, Assoc. Prof. Karasawa served as a postdoctoral fellow at the Research Center for World Buddhist Cultures of Ryukoku University (Kyoto), before joining AUA in 2019. He specializes in philosophy and cultural anthropology, specifically the fundamental ways in which mankind constructs customs, beliefs and cultures, based on the thought of Japanese intellectual Kumagusu Minakata (1867-1941). Recently his research has concentrated on comparative studies of Minakata and artistic thought, as well as the modernistic potential of Kegon Buddhist thought. In addition, he philosophically thinks about slime molds that Minakata was studying, and is developing them into art.
‘Ura-Nihon’ bunka-ron: Kan-nihonkai no bunka, shinkō, and shizen [The Cultural Theory of ‘Opposite’ Japanese Culture: It’s Culture, Faith, and Nature]. Nu-su publishing.
Minakata Kumagusu: Nihonjin no kanousei no kyokugen [Minakata Kumagusu: The Ultimate Possibility of the Japanese]. Chuokoron-shinsha
Minakata Kumagusu no mita yume: passage ni tatsu mono [Kumagusu Minakata’s Dreams: The Man Standing on the Passage]. Bensei. (The 13th Yasuo Yuasa Book Prize, 2019)
‘Ura-Nihon’ bunka renaissance [Renaissance of the ‘Opposite’ Japanese Culture] (with Masahide Ishizuka, Yutaka Kudo and Iori Ishikawa). Shakaihyoronsha
Please refer to the link.
【Special talks and lectures】
Minakata Kumagusu no yume kenkyu [The Dream Research of Kumagusu Minakata]. Association of Jungian Analyts, Japan.
Kumagusu to art [Kumagusu and art]. reading club vol. 2 (reading club series). KYOTO ART HOSTEL kumagusuku
Kumagusu: Yume ni tsuite [Kumagusu: About his dreams]. THE BOX OF MEMORY (Yukio Fujimoto exhibition). KYOTO ART HOSTEL kumagusuku
〈Borrowed Scenery ver.1 “RESONANCE”〉 (collaboration project). 《Tacto Mase’s special exhibition in Myoken-ji temple, 2021》, Kyoto, Japan.
Special exhibition 《ARTS ＆ ROUTES: Awai wo tadoru tabi》 (Research Associate). Akita University of Art and Arts Center Akita. Akita Museum of Modern Art, Akita, Japan.
〈Nō no naka no mori: Minakata Kumagusu no hakken [A section of forest of the brain: Kumagusu Minakata’s discovery method]〉 (Academic research support). 《Wild: Untamed Mind》. 21_21 DESIGN SIGHT, Tokyo.
- ‘Ura-Nihon’ bunka renaissance [Renaissance of the ‘Opposite’ Japanese Culture] (co-author; 2011)
- Minakata Kumagusu no mita yume: passage ni tatsu mono [Dreams that Minakata Kumagusu Saw: The Man Standing on the Passage] (2014)
- Minakata Kumagusu: Nihonjin no kanousei no kyokugen [Minakata Kumagusu: The Ultimate Possibility of the Japanese] (2015)